Terms of Service
Last Updated: September 1st, 2019
This website uses Google Translate to provide all language translations. This website does not guarantee the accuracy of their translations. If you find an error in translation please contact the provider here.
2019 Waiver and Release of Liability – Terms and Conditions
By registering in an official Paramedic Ride provincial ride and agreeing to the terms of service when doing so, I electronically endorse this document and I am agreeing to the Paramedic Ride 2019 Terms and Conditions verifying that I have read, understood and agree to the following. Members under the age of 18 are not permitted to take part in this event. I understand and agree that my participation in an official Paramedic Ride 2019 cycling event is conditional upon my electronic acceptance of this waiver.
1. I understand that participating in such an event, using public streets and facilities, and the use of and participation in services made available to participants during the event is a potentially hazardous activity and can result in serious personal injury or death.
2. I am aware of and expressly assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including, without limitation, falls, contact with other participants, objects, bicycles and vehicles, the effects of weather, traffic, and the conditions of the streets and route used by the event(s) and I assert that my participation in this event is voluntary. I accept these risks, and all others arising from this event even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with the Paramedic Ride 2019 event I will be involved in, by those organizing, officiating, or participating in this event, includes their respective officers, directors, employees, sponsors, agents, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”).
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PERSONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH ME, including my physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in This event. In consideration for being permitted to participate in this event, I, for myself and for anyone entitled to act on my behalf, hereby waive and release from any and all claims for injuries and damages I may have arising out of the event or my participation in the event (including without limitation any pre and post-event activities), against Paramedic Ride 2019, any beneficiaries, sponsors, officials, participating clubs, communities, organizations, friends of the event, Riders, consultants, participants, third-party vendors, government or public entities (including, without limitation, the Ministry of Transportation), and their respective affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, and representatives, including, without limitation, the event committee members or participating Paramedics.
4. I warrant that I am competent to ride safely and that my bicycle and equipment are in safe working condition. I agree to Obey all traffic laws as outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, and to practice safety and courtesy when cycling.
5. I undertake and agree to remove myself from participation if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, I feel unable or unfit to safety continue for any reason. I attest that I am physically capable of, and have sufficiently trained for, completing this event. If I am aware of or under treatment for any physical infirmity, disorder, ailment, or illness, my medical care provider has been apprised of, and has approved of, my participation in this event. I acknowledge that I and I alone, am solely responsible for my personal health and safety, and the personal property I bring with me. I consent to receive medical treatment which may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me during this event, and any medical costs that are associated. I agree that my participation in the event is subject to the sole discretion of the organizers of the event, and that my participation may be limited or terminated, with or without cause. I represent and warrant that I will be at least 18 years old at the time of the event.
6. I give, a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may have in the future, against Paramedic Ride 2019, organizers, officiates, webmaster or participants in this event, includes their respective officers, directors, employees, sponsors, agents, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”) and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in any part or parts of any official Paramedic Ride 2019 event or my presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph 2 above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the relevant Ontario’s Occupier’s Liability Act, on the part of the Releasees.
7. I understand that all monies paid and processed by the Paramedic Ride 2019 are nonrefundable and non-transferable, even if I do not participate in the event.
8. I give permission to the Paramedic Ride 2019 event or its delegates and webmaster for the free use of my name, photograph, voice, or likeness, in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion, donation page or marketing promotion for this, future or similar events, and waive any rights of privacy I may have in that regard. I agree when registering for an event my uploaded image will be associated with my name on a public donation page. I understand and consent that I will periodically be receiving communications related to my participation in any official Paramedic Ride 2019 event.
9. I acknowledge that my participation in Paramedic Ride 2019 involves overnight stays and time off of my bicycle where I am still attending social Paramedic Ride 2018 event/activities. I assume all risk for any and all activities that I engage in throughout the entirety of any official Paramedic Ride 2019 event. Participants of the Paramedic Ride must NOT engage in disruptive behavior at any time. This includes verbal or physical disruptions, fighting or harassment.
10. I understand that out-of-town travel by car, airplane, train or other means of transportation may be required to attend the event. I acknowledge I am fully responsible for arranging and financing my transportation arrangements to and from the event.
11. I understand overnight accommodations are NOT included in the Paramedic Ride registration fees and are not in any way paid for by the Paramedic Ride event, organizers, officiates, or participants in this event, includes their respective officers, directors, employees, sponsors, agents, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”) unless otherwise stated in a product purchase. All lodging and overnight accommodations, hotel expenses, room expenses and all food are at the rider’s expense.
12. I acknowledge that Paramedic Ride event, organizers, officiates, or participants in this event, includes their respective officers, directors, employees, sponsors, agents, webmasters, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”) are not responsible in any way for the items I keep stored in the SAG wagon/Truck, including but not limited to loss of property, damage, fire, flood, theft that could occur while my personal belongings are stored.
13. I AGREE NOT TO SUE and I further agree TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS the Releasees from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from my participation in these events or programs. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving substantial legal rights (on my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin), including the giving up of my right to sue. This waiver and release shall be interpreted and the rights of the parties determined under the laws of the Province of Ontario despite event location. The Ontario courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute arising under, or pertaining to, this Waiver and Release. I have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a binding contract between myself and the persons and entities mentioned above and agree of my own free will.
Registration in any 2019 Ride requires acceptance of the terms of this waiver during purchase and will be your electronic acceptance of the waiver. Additional hard copy waivers may be required prior to the start of any ride. Failure to sign a waiver will result in disqualification.